To support the finance team by providing insights into the financial planning and analysis of the activities and operations of the Commission. The jobholder will be under the supervision of the Head, Finance and Capital.
Major Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior Manager in the budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning processes of the Commission.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Prepare weekly liquidity reports and advice on portfolio management of the Commission’s reserves.
- Prepare monthly revenue reconciliation.
- Prepare staff Pension reports.
- Assist in the month-end close activities.
- Perform variance analysis by comparing actuals against budget/forecast and prior year performances.
- Assist in internal control documentation and compliance.
- Support decision making by providing Management with timely, detailed and meaningful insights and visibility on business performance.
- Ensure integrity of financial data and compliance with relevant laws/regulations
- Any other duties which may be assigned.
Educational, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science – Administration (Accounting option), Bachelor of Science – Mathematics or any other relevant degree).
- Professional qualification such as CA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA or any other relevant professional body and in good standing.
- A minimum of nine (9) years post-Bachelor’s Degree work experience in Finance and Accounting, three (3) of which must be in a managerial position.
- An Audit firm experience will be an added advantage.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills Required:
- Practical experience in the use of financial modules of major ERP systems and Business Intelligence Reporting tools.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of IPSAS and IFRS.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, guidelines relating to the securities industry and the capital market in general, is desirable.
- Significant analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Good writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to observe deadlines and achieve results.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems.
- Strong ethical and professional skills.
- Creative, innovative, and good business acumen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Qualified and interested employees should kindly visit https://staging.sec.gov.gh/careers/ and submit a Cover Letter and Detailed Curriculum Vitae including contact telephone numbers and email addresses of two referees.We are no longer accepting applications for this ad. Contact us for more details.