To assist in regulating Fund Managers, Collective Investment Schemes, Custodians and Trustees to realise the objectives of the Commission.
Some Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Conduct off-site Inspection of Fund Managers and Collective Investment Schemes assigned to you.
- Conduct on-site Inspection of Fund managers and Collective Investment Schemes assigned.
- Conduct off-site Inspection of Custodians/Trustees assigned to you.
- Review applications for renewal of licenses (CIS, Fund Management and Custodians/Trustees).
- Issue licenses (certificates) of market operators under the Funds Management Department.
- Monitor compliance with submissions of statutory returns and reports from market operators under your supervision.
- Issue penalty letters for non-compliance with submission of statutory returns from market operators assigned to you.
- Maintain correspondence with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend Annual General Meetings (AGMs) of CISs and submit report on the outcome.
Educational, Professional Qualification and Experience
- First degree in Economics, Accounting, Banking and Finance or its equivalent.
- Must have completed National Service.
- A minimum of 1 year post relevant work experience in a reputable organisation.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills Required for The Available Positions:
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, guidelines relating to the securities industry and the capital market in general.
- Working knowledge of the securities market operations.
- Good investigative skills
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Creative, innovative, and good business acumen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent planning skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills including prioritising of activities.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong ethical and professional skills etc.